Previous Home Next
Old Plate

During 1939, the Southern Methodist Church (shown here), which was located on West Maple Avenue, and the Northern Methodist Church, united as one Church in the Town of Trappe. They would hold services in one building on one Sunday and then in the other building on the following Sunday. This arrangement went on for several years until 1943 when they discontinued having services in the Southern building and all services were moved to the building we are using today. During the early '50s, the building was also known as the "Fellowship Hall". Vacation Bible school was held there, as were community events, such as Halloween parties. The building was destroyed by fire in 1954.

Photo from Trappe The Story of an Old-Fashioned Town © 1976, the Trappe Town Council, used by permission.